Full-Time/Part-time Support Worker Opportunities - Craigton Grove (Peterculter)
Are you passionate about helping others live the best of lives. If so we would like to hear from you.
VSA understands the importance of meaningful placements for adults with learning disabilities. Our experience has highlighted a lack of appropriate local resources to support adults with learning disabilities in our local community.
To support this need VSA offers Housing Support for adults with learning disabilities at our Craigton Grove service, which provides agreed person-centred support to each tenant, and is staffed 24-hours a day which includes sleep-in cover as required. The main aim of the service is to support tenants to maintain their tenancies and be as independent as possible, which is enabled by agreed support planning. The accommodation consists of:
- The core house of the service accommodating five tenants
- Two bedsits each housing one single tenant
- A semi-detached bungalow accommodating three tenants and also has a fourth bedroom for staff sleep-in arrangements
- A three bedroom semi-detached house accommodating two tenants
Each tenant has their own room with shared bathrooms, lounges and kitchens. Each property has its own private, mature and well-kept garden.
Tenants are supported to plan, shop, prepare and cook meals as required. In the main house, the evening and weekend meals are usually a group effort because tenants like to eat main meals together. Alternatives are available on request and dietary needs are also catered for. Tenants in the other houses are supported individually.
We currently have part-time and full-time Support Worker opportunities at our Craigton Grove facility in Peterculter.
- Support Worker (Waking Nights) – 35 hours per week (10pm-8am) Ref – K03519 JD - Support Worker (Waking Nights)
- Support Worker – 28 hours per week – Ref – K06319 Support Worker Craigton Grove
- Support Worker – 35 hours per week – Ref – K07219 Support Worker Craigton Grove
- Relief Opportunities – Ad Hoc Hours/Weekends Relief Support Worker - Craigton
These posts will involve working to a rota over 7 days (except relief) and includes a mixture of early and late shifts.
Any prior experience would be welcome but is not essential as full on the job training will be provided. You must however be willing to undertake an SCQF Level 6 in Social Services and Healthcare (or equivalent) if you do not already hold one.
Why work for VSA? We can offer you:
**Competitive Employee Benefits**
- Company pension scheme
- Paid mileage
- Enhanced sick pay
- cash referral bonus scheme
- In House training / Continuous professional development
- full / part time working opportunities
- VSA is committed to ensuring a high standard of care for every individual accessing our services, where life, vocational, social and personal skills are developed in a safe way that is meaningful to the individual.
So if you want to help us to deliver the best of care to our residents at Craigton Grove, we would love to hear from you.
To apply please click the below link to complete an application form and submit your CV to email@example.com