Linn Moor Campus - Job Opportunities (Full/Part-Time)
VSA's Linn Moor Residential School (Peterculter) now has exciting opportunities for full-time and part-time Support Workers to join us at an exciting time as we grow and adapt to provide the best of lives to our Children and Adults in our care.
Linn Moor has a long history of providing specialist residential care and education for children and young adults with autism, related conditions such as social and communication difficulties, and learning disability. We are committed to promoting the values of respect, dignity, participation and self-determination. This is achieved by the child/young person being at the centre of all we do. We respect and see each child/young adult as unique and while fully recognising their difficulties, we focus on their rights to have and enjoy an ordinary life.
We are currently looking for the following positions:
- Residential Care and Education Support Worker – Full-time 39 hours (P/T considered) Job Description - RCESW
- Life Skills Practitioner – Full-time 39 hours (P/T considered) Job Description - Life Skills Practitioner
- Support Worker (Waking Nights) – 35 hours (P/T considered) Job Description - Support Worker (Waking Nights)
- Relief Support Workers (Earlies/Lates) – Ad-hoc Hours Job Description - Relief Support Worker
- Relief Support Workers/Waking Nights – Ad-hoc Hours Job Description - Relief Support Worker Waking Nights
As a Support Worker you will work alongside our dedicated staff team where you will help to provide a quality service to meet the needs of our students with additional support needs. An SCQF Level 7 in Social Services and Healthcare (or equivalent) and an HNC in Social Care would be beneficial but it is not essential at this stage (although you must be willing to work towards this or the Level 9 Residential Childcare Qualification). Ideally (not essential) you should have some experience of working with children and/or young adults with autism / learning difficulties and have the ability to engage/relate to them through effective communication skills and the ability to deal with complex and challenging behaviour. You must be willing to work flexibly in both care and education settings, recognising that a different skill set is required and appropriate in each to support the child/young person in their physical, psychological and emotional development.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Company pension scheme *
- Enhanced sick pay *
- Cash referral bonus scheme
- In House training / Continuous professional development*
- Security, 150 year in service and we continuing to provide support to those who need it in Aberdeen.
* Not applicable to Relief Workers.
Also included is a Company Bus assisting with the commute to Linn Moor from the City Centre - Further information is available from the Recruitment Team regarding this.
We have an enthusiastic, dedicated, welcoming and supportive environment at our Linn Moor campus. If you are interested in working somewhere where you can truly make a difference, this could be the opportunity for you.
For further information please contact Laura Main (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 01224 358597.
You can also apply by using the application link below.Apply now