About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an ASN specialist teacher to join our Peterculter Campus at a pivotal time in the school’s development. We are offering the chance to be at the forefront of shaping the school‘s curriculum in an ethos of continual improvement and aspiration.
Linn Moor Residential School has a long history of providing specialist residential care and education for children and young adults with autism, related conditions such as social and communication difficulties, and learning disabilities. Set within a scenic rural environment in Royal Deeside, and within easy reach of all the facilities of Aberdeen; we equip children and young people with the skills they need to live exceptional lives. We promote learning opportunities in a range of resource rich environments where people are supported and encouraged to develop transferrable academic, vocational and life skills.
Our highly skilled education team work collaboratively alongside our equally talented care team to provide a comprehensive, holistic education program for our children and young people. Using the principles of Getting it Right for Every Child and the Curriculum for Excellence our children and young people are supported through their education in a way that embraces their complex and at times challenging behaviour. To provide an outstanding team we ensure our staff are trained and supported in a range of approaches, including: Understanding Autism and its impact, Total communication (TEACCH, PECS & Makaton & the use of technology), and BSS (Behavioural Support Strategies). We use these tools and approaches among others to support and educate the children and young people living at Linn Moor enabling them to engage in a programme of continual learning.
Find out more from our website or Youtube video:
How we differentiate from other schools:
We are passionate about being able to provide the ‘best of care’ and ‘best of lives’ for our students in offering:
- Small class sizes; 3-4 children per class allowing our teachers to gain daily 1:1 contact and input with their students
- Autonomy for teachers to plan and execute individualised education plans that meet each student’s needs, encompassing the curriculum for excellence
- Levels of attainment set at an individual level to get the very best outcome each pupil
- Staffing for students at 1:1 level, with each child having their own dedicated Support Worker assisting throughout the teaching day
- Educational Senior Practitioners on hand to assist with classroom management
- The chance to utilise the Aberdeenshire countryside as a learning environment & the opportunity to implement & run forest school and outdoor education sessions.
What we can offer:
- Full-time & part-time hours can be accommodated
- Salary in line with SNCT scale – up to £36,480.00 per annum; reviewed with SNCT terms and conditions
- Scottish teacher’s superannuation scheme (Pension)
- Relocation package/assistance available, including company accommodation for new entrants to the local area
- Career progression throughout the campus & wider VSA organisation
- Day-to-day professional support as part of a small collaborative teaching team,
- Funding/sponsorship & allocated time available for post-grad study: Eg: MEd Autism & Learning, MEd Inclusive Practice, etc – CPD
- Regular training opportunities including visits from education consultants, internationally recognised speakers and trainers
- Tailored CPD to reflect each teacher’s passions and educational interests; eg forest school, outdoor learning, gardening
What we look for :
- GTCS Registered teachers with ASN Experience or qualified primary/secondary teachers who are passionate about ASN and wish to specialise in this area
- Resilient, adaptable, creative, individuals who are able to ‘think outside the box’ in terms of moulding the curriculum for excellence to gain the very best results/outcome for our children
- Aspirational, inspirational educational leaders who can motivate and lead a small team of Support Workers within the classroom environment
If you would like to find out more about life as a teacher at Linn Moor, we would love to hear from you and are happy to facilitate informal visits to the campus.
|Further details for this vacancy|
||Permanent (Part-time and Full-time considered)
||Up to £36,480 (FTE)
Gillian Kimber (HR Business Partner) - firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to facilitate informal tours of the campus.
|Unit description link
||Linn Moor School
|Job description link
||Teacher (ASN) JD